Thursday 25 February 2010

Fabric Shopping!

Okay I'm a little late in posting up my Fabric's from sample collecting, but I've been moving house and not had the internet until now... But as they say - Better Late Than Never.

Having never really gone sample collecting before design development or research development - it was really useful for me to do so this time round. With my fabrics in mind, I will now have a clearer picture, and a broader mind scope when it comes to my design development. I went fabric shopping with the colours and textures already set out in my head (See Previous Post) but I ended up changing my colour palette completely to Icey & Rich Blues, Silver Greys & Pale Golds - Colours that didn't really cross my mind before I found these incredible samples. Anyway... Here They Are!

First Up - The Cloth House:


Dove Grey/Teal Blue Neoprene = £23 p/m - 150cm Width
Midnight Blue Silk Velvet = £30 p/m
Deep Black Viscose Velvet = £28 p/m
Royal Blue Moleskin = £16 p/m - 150cm Width

The Berwick Cloth Shop:


Silver Grey Viscose Velvet = £25 p/m - 140cm Width
Sea Blue Moiré Cotton = £32.50 p/m
Silver Grey Chiffon = £25 p/m - 135cm Width

The Silk Society:


Biscuit Gold Silk = £69 p/m - 140cm Width
Rich Gold Silk = £11.95p/m - 112cm Width
Metallic Gold Weaved Organza = £12.95 p/m - 115cm Width

The Textile King:


Royal Blue Tonic (Wool & Viscose) = £30 p/m - 150cm Width
Navy Blue Lining = £4.50 p/m - 150cm Width

And Last But By No Means Least - Borovick's Fabric:


Brown Leather = £4 p/square m

I now have a solid idea on what my colour story is... Yay!

(More Information To Follow)

No comments:

Post a Comment